Fees & Pupils Insurance
Non-returnable £100.00 UK students, £200.00 Overseas students. To be sent with the completed Application Form.
- This is payable when a vacancy is offered and accepted. This will be credited against the final school account, i.e. the closing account at the end of the last term at school. It is not otherwise returnable.
- £500 for a Day girl; £1,000 for a Boarder resident in the UK; a full term’s fees for girls whose parents are resident overseas.
- For any withdrawals after acceptance, a full term’s fees are payable.
- Middle & Senior: Boarding and Tuition £10,375 per term
- Occasional Boarding: 1-4 nights £65 per night; 5-7 nights £375 in total.
Please be aware that occasional boarding beds usually need to be booked well in advance.
DAY GIRLS’ FEES
- Pre-Prep 1: £3,080 per term
- Pre-Prep 2: £3,730 per term
- Pre-Prep 3: £4,405 per term
- Prep School: £5,200 per term
- Senior School: £6,295 per term
Fees include lunches, all residential whole year group curriculum visits (Form I - Upper 5), e.g. Activities Week in Senior School, Isle of Wight for L3 etc and day curriculum visits for Pre-Prep. Fees also include Creative Arts materials for years U3-U4. It is the Governors' Policy to ask all parents to pay school fees by direct debit termly. Termly fees are due in full by the first day of each term. If the account has not been settled by the first day of term, the School reserves the right to charge interest on late fee payments and the girl may be refused admission.
FEES PAID IN ADVANCE (also known as a composition fee scheme)
Fees may be paid in advance and the School offers a discount of 0.175% per month (2.1% per annum) on lump sums paid as fees in advance. For more details or a quotation please email the finance team, on firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTICE OF WITHDRAWAL
A term’s notice must be given in writing addressed to the Headmistress, by the first day of term, or a full term’s fees must be paid and settled immediately upon receipt of final bill. The same applies to any change of boarding / day status, withdrawal from “extra subject” classes or the school buses run by the parents. In all cases of withdrawal the organisers of the relevant service should be notified directly in writing.
All lessons are normally 30 minutes. Some extras are supplied by self-employed teachers who issue independent invoices.
- CAT CLUB - Prep School After School Care. Up to 1 hour £6.00; Up to 1.5 hours £9.00; Up to 2.5 hours £12.00. Sessions must be booked in advance.
- DANCING - 10 x 30 min lessons £60.00, 10 x 45 min lessons £70.00, 10 x 1 hour lessons £80.00. Dance Waiting Class - £3.00 per session
- MUSIC - 10 lessons per term £225.00; Hire of musical instrument per term £50.00
- MANDARIN CLUB - £100.00 per term
- CHESS - (Prep School Masterclass) £60.00 per term
- SPEECH & DRAMA - 10 lessons per term £85.00 for Prep and U3-U4 (8 -10 in class) £115.00 for L5-U5 (up to 6 in class) £125.00 for Sixth Form Advanced Medal Group (6 in class) £175.00 for L6-U6 (up to 2 in a class)
- TENNIS & SQUASH -
- 10 lessons (all solo) £225.00
- 10 lessons - 2 in class £130.00
- (Senior School) 10 lessons - 3 in class £100.00
- 10 lessons - 4 in class £77.50
- (Prep School) - 10 lessons £78.00
- EXTRA TUITION -
- 1 pupil per class per lesson £36.00
- 2 pupils per class per lesson £23.50
- 3 pupils per class per lesson £17.20
- 4 pupils per class per lesson £13.50
- BOARDERS’ HEALTH - The cost of medicines prescribed by the School Medical Officer is added to the fees. Charges would also be made in the unlikely event of special nursing being required, or a girl staying in the Medical Centre for part of the holidays. Any extras supplied by Boarding Housemistresses will be added to the girl’s personal account.
- EXPEDITIONS & ENTERTAINMENTS - Girls are required to submit a slip with their parent’s signature indicating parental permission and acceptance of charge. The cost is added to their personal account. Boarders may have their slips signed by Boarding Housemistresses in some cases. Parents should liaise with the Boarding Housemistress.
- EXAMINATIONS - All external examinations are charged as extras.
- INVIGILATION - Where special Invigilators are employed for examinations, a proportionate charge will be made to parents.
There are a variety of ways that fees can be paid.
Completion of termly Direct Debit Mandate
The payment of fees is a substantial commitment and we do not take lightly your investment in our School for your daughter. It is the Governors’ Policy to ask all parents to pay school fees by direct debit. Termly fees are due in full by the first day of each term. Payment by direct debit helps us to keep down our administrative costs and therefore helps minimise fee increases. Please note that a separate direct debit mandate must be completed for each child you have at the School and if, for any reason, however temporary, you cancel it then an entirely fresh mandate must be completed for the payment facility to be resumed. When completing the form please remember to fill in the “pupil’s name” box in the right hand top corner. A download is available below.
Fees in Advance Scheme (also known as Composition Fee Scheme)
A Fees in Advance Scheme is offered to parents wishing to pay a lump sum as an advance payment for future terms’ fees, in return for which the School currently gives a credit of 0.175% per month (2.1% per annum) on the lump sum remaining on deposit at the beginning of each term. The rate is guaranteed for the duration of your Agreement. Rates are reviewed regularly by the Governors and may change in future.
An overview of the Scheme, including a couple of worked examples and a standard Agreement, are available as downloads below. We can easily provide a quotation for any lump sum or for any number of terms, in full or part payment of fees. Please contact our Management Accountant, Graham Langford, at email@example.com, for an individual quotation. Please note that if you are paying in advance you will still need to complete the direct debit mandate so that all extras will be collected automatically on the first day of term.
Pupil Fees Refund Scheme
The pupil fees refund scheme covers the costs of the school fees if a pupil is unable to attend classes due to sickness, accident or quarantine. Further information for this can be downloaded from the document below. Current charges per term for this scheme, based on full fees, are:
|School Fees’ Refund|
|Senior Day Girls||£70.50|
|Prep. School Form 1 to L3||£58.24|
Premiums are calculated as a percentage of termly fees and will be reduced to take account of any scholarship, bursary or nursery grant.
If you wish to take up the cover, please tick the appropriate box on the Opt In form and return it to the Accounts Office. Alternatively, if you wish to cease existing cover please also contact the Accounts office. The cessation will take effect from the beginning of the next term. Should you wish to make a claim please could you complete a claim form (see downloads below).
Pupil Medical Insurance
Pupil AXA PPP Healthcare Medical Insurance cover is also available at a current termly cost of £99.00. Further information can be downloaded from the brochure below. Applications are now made on line as follows: www.axapphealthcare.co.uk/PupilsHealth-stcatherinesch. Full information on the cover is available as follows: www.axappphealthcare.co.uk/pupilshealthscheme. Should you wish to make a claim please call AXA PPP on 03301 025 503 immediately.
Important Note re “Opting in” Regulations and Pupil Personal Accident Insurance: Please note that, in the past, the school had been able to offer Pupil Personal Accident Insurance on a pupil by pupil basis, unfortunately this is no longer the case. Should you wish to take out such cover then you are advised to arrange this yourselves according to your family needs. Please note that the last term of cover for the past scheme was the Summer term 2016.
School Travel and Trip Insurance - Please click below to review a copy of the summary details of the School wide travel insurance policy (available on our Community portal). Should you wish to review a copy of the actual policy please contact the Accounts office. Should you wish to make a claim please contact the Accounts office immediately.
For all insurance related queries please contact Maria Titcomb at firstname.lastname@example.org.
With NHS and private hospital resources under pressure due to COVID-19, AXA PPP healthcare are launching some additional services. These include a new Clinical Support Centre, and access to a virtual GP service, Doctor@Hand, to help members get the support and care they need during this crisis. More details on both of these services can be found in the "Pupils Service Guide" in the downloads section below.