Enriching and enhance learning
The Annual Fund does not fund 'luxuries' but enhances the educational experience for the girls. The support of parents and alumnae with annual, one-off or regular gifts to the Annual Fund allow us to enhance the teaching through the addition of exceptional educational equipment and enrich the environment at St Catherine's.
Watch a video to find out more about life at St Catherine's
Read how your gifts make a difference
What we are fundraising for this year
- Globe for the Geography department
- Test-tubes for Physics department
- SATRO Enterprise Day - opportunity for girls to experience and explore the world of business through interactive workshops
- Subscription to Digital Theatre, the world's leading digital platform for the arts
- Astrodome Science Workshop - showing prep school girls a view of the stars from within a specially designed planetarium
- Codable Lego for the Prep School
- 'This is Language' resource for use across senior school in Modern Foreign Languages departments
Get in touch - call Pippa Carte 01483 899754 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how you would like to support
Print a donation form - for Create the Future
Print a donation form - for The 6 Campaign
Print a donation form - for The CATalyst Campaign
Print a donation form - for The Art&Maker Space
Print a donation form - for The Bursary Fund
Give online via your CAF account.
Gifts to the St Catherine's Community
The Board of Governors of St Catherine’s welcome offers of donations of all sizes to St Catherine’s, whether in connection with specific campaigns or to the Annual Fund, thus enabling continuing development over the long term. Donations must be freely given with no expectation of anything in return other than due thanks and recognition. The Governors’ are pleased to accept lawful donations which are given in good faith and which are compatible with the School’s aims, values and strategic objectives. As the School values and safeguards its autonomy, integrity and reputation, the Governors’ do not accept donations when a condition of acceptance would compromise these fundamental principles. The Acceptance of Donations Policy is available on request to the Development Director.
Tax Efficient Giving
A gift of £1,000 made by a 45% tax payer will cost the donor £688 and be worth £1,250 to the School. A gift of £5,000 made by a 45% tax payer will cost the donor £3,438 and be worth £6,250 to the School. A gift of £20,000 made by a 45% tax payer will cost the donor £13,750 and be worth £25,000 to the School. You can add your charitable donations on your tax return and claim back the tax.
Gift Aid - Allows the School to claim an additional 25p for each £1 you donate from the Government at no additional cost to you, this makes your donation worth even more.
Matched Giving - check with your personnel department if they have a matched-giving scheme, this is where the employer matches employee donations to charity, thereby increasing your gift to the School.
Payroll Giving - this is where you give a gift to charity as you earn, it is paid before tax and national insurance and so is very tax efficient; your payroll department will provide a form if this is available.
Details for BACS payments
IBAN - GB09 LOYD 3093 7400 8623 08
Bank identification code (BIC): LOYDGB21022
Account Name: St. Catherine’s School, Bramley
Bank name: Lloyds
Branch: 147 High St, Guildford, Surrey GU1 3AG
Sort Code: 30-93-74
Account No: 00862308
St Catherine’s School Development are committed to high standards of fundraising, being open and honest, clear about our activities, respectful of you and accountable for the support you give us. We are a member of the Fundraising Regulator allowing you to give with confidence. Here is our Fundraising Promise.
We recognise that as a School with a large community we have a responsibility to be aware of vulnerable adults in our Association and Development activities. To find out more about how we manage this responsibility please click here. Should you have a concern in regard to fundraising please see our Complaints Policy here.
Your data, your privacy and being in control
We take your personal privacy very seriously. Our records are for use by the Association and for fundraising purposes. Communications might include publications, surveys, appeals and event marketing and may be sent by post, telephone or email. Rest assured we will never release your details to any third parties for use for marketing purposes. The School has a responsibility to clean our data which is done with a third party under a strict data agreement solely for this purpose. You are in control. If at any time you would prefer not to be contacted please do inform us at email@example.com
The Annual Fund, 2018-19
The Hardship Fund, 2018-19
|The Bursary Fund, 2018-19
Mr & Mrs Bache
Ms Naomi Bartholomew
The Bateman Family
Ms Julia Blackstock
Mr and Mrs S Cater
Mrs Elizabath Chalwin
Mrs Penny Crouch - Governor
Mr B Epshtein & Mrs T Epshteyn
Mrs D Gauvain
Mr and Mrs Glenn
Ms S Knights QC
Miss V Povey
Mrs A Pymble
Mr J Tippett - Governor
Mrs Gillian Wood
and an anonymous donor
Please note We take every care to ensure that donor’s titles and names are reported correctly and that all donors have been appropriately acknowledged, either by name or anonymously if they so wish. Should you note any errors or omissions please accept our sincere apology. Your gift is most certainly appreciated and gratefully received. Please do get in touch to advise us of any concerns so we can correct our records accordingly.
Please contact Pippa Carte, Director of Marketing and Development, firstname.lastname@example.org
We offer our most sincere thanks to all our supporters and legators
Supporters are presented alphabetically and we also note our thanks also to the nine donors who chose to remain anonymous.
- Over 81 individuals and families have made contributions this year which has raised just over £584,101.
- We value each donation highly and have taken great heart from the degree of increasing generosity of parents, alumnae, governors, teachers and staff. Thank you.
- To date nearly £1.3m in total has been generously donated or pledged to date to Create the Future – The 6, The CATalyst and The Art & MakerSpace
- £454,177 has been given this year, and we have now reached 40% of our £3m target – the community support has been amazing!
- £34,190 has been given to our Bursary Fund giving highly capable girls an opportunity to fulfil their potential at St Catherine's.
- A further £3,486 was added to the Head's Hardship Fund to be at the Head's discretion in the case of unexpected difficult family financial circumstances that might disrupt a child's education.
- Over £21,000 was generously donated to The Soundscape, our appeal to refurbish the Prep School Music Room.
- The Andrew Lloyd Webber Foundation have once again supported bursary places on the annual residential Jennifer Bate Organ Academy.
- £750 was given to the Annual Fund and has supported the purchase of exceptional equipment for the School that has enriched the girls' learning environment.
- A big thank you too to the PTA in the Senior School for their generous pledge of support to The 6 and to the Prep School PTA for their support of The Soundscape.
- This year we have received a pledge of a gift in a Will and one gift in memory of a past staff member. We are indebted to such donors for their generous contribution towards securing the School's future.
Thank you so much to our alumnae, parents, Governors, staff, past parents and staff, and of course local friends of St Catherine's for your incredible support.
Should you wish to discuss your support of St Catherine’s or make a commitment to the School, please do get in touch with:
Pippa Carte, Director of Marketing and Development
Telephone: 01483 899754
Create the Future
Mr and Mrs Beabey
Mr John Blauth - Governor
The Carte Farthing Family
The Chan Family
The Fleming Family - in memory of Penny Fleming
The Harlow Family
The Luo Family
Brigadier Matthew Lowe - Governor
The Martin Family
Mr Peter Martin - Chairman of Governors
Dr Janet McGowan - Governor
The Panter Family
Dr Alison Paterson
The Pink Family
Mr Denis Ulyet - Governor
The Wong Family
The Waller Family
Mr and Mrs P Yung
The Senior School PTA
and six anonymous donors
The Ahl-Chen Family
Mr and Mrs Appleton
Miss Naomi Bartholomew
The Chambers Family
The Chan Family
Greg and Sarah Chiappini
The Cook Family
The Eric-Udorie Family
Mrs C Foord
Mr Gaunt and Ms Marciuk
Mrs Fiona Haywood
The Hobday Family
The Johnstone Family
The Ladoja Family
The Li Family
The MacGregor Family
Mrs Vicki Moore (nee Montgomery) 1989
The Nixon Family
The Oyeleye Family
Mrs Alice Phillips
Mr and Mrs R Price
The Wells Family
Mr P Wong and Ms L Chen
Ms Deannie Yew
A St Catherine's Family
and six anonymous donors
Dr D M F Brown
Mr Richard Brown
Dr and Mrs Michael Jordan
Mr and Mrs Mallin-Jones - in memory of Dr V J Cowie
Prof Beverley McKeon
The McKeon Family
Mrs Elizabeth Tippett
The Wong Family
and four anonymous donors
The Art & MakerSpace
Karen, Helena and Isabella Farrell
The Llewelyn Family
The Panter Family
Thank you to our Soundscape Supporters
- The Burns Family
- The Brooks Family
- The Crichton Family
- Carte Farthing Family
- The Harlow Family
- The Kemkers Family
- Lesley McLaren
- The Orr Family
- Hannah and Ellie Pilkington
- The Richards Family
- The Ruhland Family
- The Whitmarsh Family
- The Prep School PTA
- and one anonymous donor