Art & MakerSpace
Inspiration, imagination, creativity
Why invest in the Art & MakerSpace?
The key benefits
- A redesigned DT space
- A new photographic studio and darkroom, embracing digital photography
- Connected teaching - textiles , History of Art and the Culinary Arts move into the fold
- A dedicated 6th Form Studio
- Art History teaching will be in the centre of all things artistic
- Permanent exhibition space to showcase girls’ work
- Space to host Artists in Residence to enrich the teaching for all girls
- Increased involvement in the Royal Academy Schools and Saatchi Gallery Programmes
- Space to welcome University Art Departments and showcase MA courses
- The chance to participate as a Surrey Open Studio
What will it look like?
Join us on the journey!
There's something primal about it. It's innate, the need to make marks. That's why, when you're a child, you scribble.
Why the focus on arts?
- We need space! The JPC was built for a three-form entry school and we have been four-form entry since 2006!
- Textiles are inspired by fine art, photography and fashion are linked, design technology influences ceramics - the subjects connect and our spaces will too!
- Photography shoots are spilling out into the main studio.
- Digital photography and art present a completely new discipline since the JPC was conceived and space is needed for our Apple Macs and IT tools.
- Girls’ canvas sizes are restricted due to the display space – they want to 'go large'!
- The 6th Form ‘Shed’ for private art work is well-loved and well-used but is small and can be chilly.
The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls.
|Naming opportunities||Donation level||Status|
|The Sixth Form Art Atelier||£50,000|
|The Materials Studio||£25,000||Reserved|
|The Culinary Arts Studio||£25,000|
|The Fine Art Studio||£25,000|
|The Photo Studio and Dark Room||£20,000|
|The Design & Technology Studio||£20,000|
|The Ceramics Studio||£20,000|
|The History of Art Study||£20,000||Reserved|